The St. Louis Mosaic Project Ambassador School program encourages member schools to reinforce an internationally welcoming and inclusive culture through pledges unique to each school.
Read the press release!
See what Saint Cecilia's is doing to promote a welcoming community.
- Cecilia School and Academy has a large Hispanic student population.
- Majority of parents are immigrants to the United States.
- 75% of student population is the first generation of American citizens.
- As a faith based community, their vision is to provide welcoming atmosphere for children to develop intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- Cecilia School and Academy practices diversity in hiring.
- Cecilia’s staff including the Principal is bi-lingual.
- Cecilia’s documents, flyers and communication to the community is prepared in both Spanish and English.
- Cecilia participates in many cultural celebrations and has become known for its “Mexican Fish Fry” in an effort to connect students to diverse cultures.
St. Cecilia School and Academy Will:
- Collaborate with St. Louis Mosaic Project to further establish diversity and prosperity to the Hispanic community.
- Participate in Cinco de Mayo celebrations by hosting their inaugural Cinco de Mayo Fiesta that will include authentic Mexican dinner, an art exhibit by Latino artists, and performances by Hispanic students.
- Continue to seek ways to create a welcoming environment for Hispanic community and Latino students to thrive in.
- Encourage diversity in staff hiring.
- Continue to translate their documents, flyers and communication in Spanish.